Our mission is to enhance the civic, commercial, industrial, agricultural and economic well-being of the City of Trumann.
Trumann Area Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization founded in 1963, operates under the direction of a Board of Directors as set forth in the By-Laws. Each year 5 members of the Board retire and 5 new members are elected. Officers of the Board consist of a President, President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Past-President. The Executive Director, Mayor, and School Superintendent are ex-officio members of the Board.
The Board meets on the first Tuesday of each month at Couch’s Log Cabin BBQ.
The Chamber promotes a number of activities and annual events in the community:
- sponsors the General Membership and Awards Banquet
- sponsors the Honor Graduate Reception
- offers the Floyd A. Smith Memorial Scholarship to a graduating senior
- sponsors the Wild Duck Golf Tournament
- sponsors the Wild Duck Scavenger Hunt
- sponsors the Wild Duck Festival
- sponsors the annual Trumann Christmas Parade
- holds Ribbon Cuttings for businesses and organizations
- sponsors Business After Hours receptions
- works with Trumann Industrial Development Commission to assist existing and new industry through its Business Retention and Expansion program
- supports Trumann Schools programs and activities
- supports local organizations and their projects
- cooperates with the City on community programs
- maintains the Chamber website with Chamber & City information
- promotes programs that enhance city pride
- recognizes businesses and industries that reach milestones in service, records, and years in business
- surveys businesses and industries to identify needs and concerns
- support the Sims-Talbot Adult Education & Workforce Development Center
Visit us at https://www.trumannchamber.org